In this article, we are going to talk about the HTML programming language.
A wide range of skills is involved in creating and maintaining web designing sites. The various website designing areas include web graphics designing, authoring, interface design, including standardized code and proprietary programming software, SEO, and user experience designing. Typically, many people work in groups covering different web designing parts, although skilled web designers alone can do all of them. The term “web designing” is mostly used to illustrate the designing process related to the front-end design of a site, including writing markup.HTML, which is the front-end markup language for designing web pages.
What Is HTML?
● HTML was first invented in 1989 by Robert Caillieu, Tim Berners-Lee, and others.
● HTML stands for a hypertext markup language. Hypertext indicates that the document contains links that allow readers to move to another location in that document or on another record.
● HTML contains a series of elements, and these elements tell browsers how to display the thing.
● A markup language is how PCs/computers talk to each other to control how text is written and presented. HTML uses two things to do this: tags and attributes.
● The most recent version of HTML is known as HTML5.
What Are HTML Tages And Attributes?
Tags are used to markup the beginning of an HTML element, and they are usually enclosed in angle brackets. An HTML element is composed of a start tag, some content, and a closing tag. The HTML element is from the opening tag to the closing tag.
All HTML components can have attributes. Attributes contain additional pieces of data. Attributes must define in the start tag. Attributes mostly fall in name / value pairs such as: name = “value”.
We’ve got the basic concept of HTML. Now, this is to learn how to create our first site. First of all, we should make sure that we have the right editors. Here are some popular HTML editors:
Try not to use Microsoft Word or any other word processor when writing HTML code. Also, make sure you have installed various browsers, for example, Chrome and Firefox, so that you’re resulting build can be previewed.
Simple Format Of HTML Document
A simple format of the HTML document is given and explained below:
<h1>My First Heading</h1>
<p>My first paragraph.</p>
● <! The DOCTYPE html> element declares that this is the HTML5 document.
● The <html> element is the root element of an HTML page.
● The <head> element contains meta data about the HTML page.
● The <title> element indicates a title for the HTML page (which appears in the browser’s title bar or tab of the page).
● The <body> element describes the body of the document, and is a section for all visual content, for example, headings, paragraphs, tables, hyperlinks, images, lists, and so on.
● The <h1> element defines a larger heading.
● The <p> element defines a paragraph.
I hope you have liked this article, and you have got an idea of what HTML is.