In this article, we are going to know about Artificial Intelligence.
Artificial Intelligence (AI), in some cases called machine intelligence, is the intelligence displayed by a machine, not the usual intelligence displayed by people and beings. Leading AI course books characterize the field as an exploration of “intelligent agents”: any device that looks at its environment and performs activities that expand its opportunity to meet its goals effectively.
In colloquial terms, the term “artificial intelligence” is used to describe machines (or PCs) that simulate the “cognitive” functions that humans associate with the human brain, for example, “learning” And “problem-solving”. As machines become progressively more capable, assignments considering the need for “intelligence” are routinely taken out of the meaning of AI, known as the AI effect. A quip in Tesler’s theorem states, “Artificial intelligence is nothing that has been done yet.”
How does AI Works?
Russell and Norvig go on to describe four different methods that typically characterize the field of AI:
- Thinking Humanly
- Thinking Rationally
- Acting Humanly
- Acting Rationally
The initial two thoughts are points of view and thinking, while others deal with the behavior. Norvigand Russell focus specifically around rational agents who work to achieve the best results, “paying attention to all the skills required for the Turing test and allowing an agent to function rationally.”
Patrick Winston, Ford Professor of AI and Software Engineering at MIT, AI is characterized by “algorithms enabled by boundaries, highlighted by portraits helping models that tie together thinking, perception, and activity. “
History Of Artificial Intelligence
Some important events in AI:-
● Walter Pitts and Warren McCullough published “A Logical Calculus of Ideas Immanent in Nervous Activity” research paper, in 1943. The paper proposed the first mathematical model for building a neural system.
● Alan Turing published “Computing Machinery and Intelligence” in 1950, proposing what is currently known as the Turing Test, a technique for deciding whether a machine is intelligent.
● US forces deployed DART in 1991, automated logistics planning and scheduling tools.
● In 2005, STANLEY, a self-driving car, won the DARPA Grand Challenge.
● In 2008, Google achieved speech recognition and introduced the feature in its iPhone app.
● In 2014, Google made the first self-driving car to pass a state driving test.
AI Examples in Real Life
Artificial intelligence has become an important part of human life day by day and it helps in every field – whether you realize it or not.
● Robo-advisors for stock trading
● Smart Assistant (eg Siri and Alexa)
● Disease mapping and prediction tool
● Manufacturing and Drone Robots
● TV show and Songs recommendations from Netflix and Spotify
● Customized, personalized health care treatment recommendations
● Interactive bot for marketing and customer service
● Spam filter on email
● Social media monitoring tool for dangerous content or false news
AI is playing a vital role in many fields like in education, healthcare, finance, security and surveillance, social media, travel, and in e-commerce. Artificial Intelligence is impacting human lives and society day by day through a wide range of its application in every field.
Hope you enjoyed this article and got an idea about what AI is.